Subject: Pacific-NW: Typhoon Megi (15w) Advisory Number 8

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:02:11 -0500

WTPQ31 PGUM 142201
TCPPQ1

BULLETIN
TYPHOON MEGI (15W) ADVISORY NUMBER 8
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP152010
800 AM CHST FRI OCT 15 2010

...MEGI NOW A TYPHOON AS IT MOVES THROUGH THE PHILIPPINE SEA...

NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 700 AM CHST...2100Z...THE CENTER OF TYPHOON MEGI (15W) WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 13.7 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 137.2 DEGREES 
EAST. THIS IS ABOUT
                    295 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF YAP
                    355 MILES NORTHWEST OF FAIS
                    310 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF ULITHI
                    480 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF KOROR...AND
                    505 MILES WEST OF GUAM.

TYPHOON MEGI IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH. THIS 
GENERAL MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN 
FORWARD SPEED OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 90 MPH. TYPHOON MEGI IS EXPECTED TO 
INTENSIFY FURTHER OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS. TYPHOON FORCE WINDS EXTEND 
OUTWARD UP TO 30 MILES FROM THE CENTER. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS 
EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 85 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 700 AM CHST POSITION...LATITUDE 13.7 DEGREES NORTH AND 
LONGITUDE 137.2 DEGREES EAST...MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 90 MPH.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AT 
200 PM THIS AFTERNOON.

$$

STANKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.