Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:45:16 -0500

306 
FZPN40 PHFO 142245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU OCT 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N151W TO 27N158W TO 29N166W NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF 29N161W. E 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED TO A SHEAR LINE FROM 30N150W TO 
28N160W TO 30N170W. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF SHEAR LINE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE FROM 30N147W TO 28N160W TO 29N170W. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 14N158W TO 09N170W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF TROUGH.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N146W TO 26N150W TO 26N160W TO 
30N176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N146W TO 
27N150W TO 27N170W TO 30N179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS IN AREA FROM 12N TO 20N BETWEEN 
164E AND 174E. 

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 10N155W...AND FROM 10N170W TO 10N175E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.