Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:30:19 -0500

776 
ATHW40 PHFO 150030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI OCT 15 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 15 2010

HIGH PRESSURE LOCATED FAR NORTH OF HAWAII IS PRODUCING TRADE WINDS 
NEAR THE SURFACE ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC TROPICS AND SUBTROPICS. 
LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING 10 TO 20 MPH ACROSS THE CENTRAL 
PACIFIC AS TRADE WINDS PUSH THE CLOUDS FROM EAST TO WEST. FROM 140W 
TO 145W...BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ CAN BE FOUND BEFORE 
TRANSITIONING TO SCATTERED SC AND CUMULUS FROM 145W TO THE DATELINE 
BETWEEN 10N AND 27N. 

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IDENTIFIED IN THE WATER VAPOR CHANNEL EXTENDS 
FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST FROM 14N 162W TO 30N 142W. THE TROUGH IS 
PRODUCING BROKEN MID AND UPPER LEVEL CIRRUS ALONG THE EAST SIDE OF 
THE TROUGH AND ALSO EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS NEAR 160W FROM 10N TO 
15N. 

A STALLED FRONTAL BOUNDARY LOCATED ALONG 30N EXTENDS FROM EAST TO 
WEST BETWEEN 150W TO 175W. THE BOUNDARY IS CREATING BROKEN LOW AND 
MID LEVEL CLOUDS WITH SOME EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 27N AND 30N FROM 160W TO 165W. 

OVER THE ISLANDS...SKIES HAVE CLOUDED UP SINCE THIS MORNING. ON THE 
BIG ISLAND...SKIES ARE MOSTLY CLOUDY FROM THE LOWER SLOPES UP TO 7 
THOUSAND AROUND THE ISLAND WITH THE COASTS SEEING PARTLY CLOUDY 
SKIES. SIMILAR CONDITIONS EXIST ALONG THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA WITH 
CLOUDS RINGING THE MOUNTAIN UP TO 7 THOUSAND FEET BEFORE CLEARING AT 
HIGHER ELEVATIONS AND NEAR THE COAST. THE REST OF THE STATE HAS 
PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN WHILE THE REMAINING 
AREAS ARE MOSTLY CLEAR. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.