Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:17:58 -0500

272 
ATPQ40 PGUM 150317
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST FRI OCT 15 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TYPHOON MEGI (15W) WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 105 MPH IS 
CENTERED NORTH-NORTHWEST OF YAP AT 14N137E AND IS MOVING 
WEST-NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH. SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE CENTER BETWEEN 11N AND 18N FROM 
134E TO 140E. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TYPHOON MEGI...SEE ADVISORIES 
ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE UNDER WMO HEADER 
WTPQ31 PGUM AND JTWC BULLETINS UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN31 PGTW.

A SURFACE TROUGH WELL SOUTH OF GUAM RUNNING FROM 2N146E TO 9N144E IS 
PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 3N AND 
9N FROM 142E TO 147E. FARTHER EAST...ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH...WEST 
AND SOUTH OF POHNPEI...RUNS FROM 3N156E TO 9N162E AND IS PRODUCING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 110 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 3N158E TO 9N164E. 

AN UPPER TROUGH RUNS FROM 9N156E TO AN UPPER LOW CENTERED AT 22N160E 
TO 25N163E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
OCCURRING AROUND WAKE ISLAND AND EAST OF THE TROUGH BETWEEN 13N AND 
25N FROM 164E TO 174E.

$$

DEVITA/EDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.