Subject: Pacific-NW: Typhoon Megi (15w) Advisory Number 9

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:31:36 -0500

WTPQ31 PGUM 150331
TCPPQ1

BULLETIN
TYPHOON MEGI (15W) ADVISORY NUMBER 9
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP152010
200 PM CHST FRI OCT 15 2010

...TYPHOON MEGI CONTINUES TO INTENSIFY AS AS IT HEADS TOWARDS THE 
PHILIPPINES...

NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 100 PM CHST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TYPHOON MEGI (15W) WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 14.2 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 136.7 DEGREES 
EAST. THIS IS ABOUT
                    340 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF YAP
                    500 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF KOROR...AND
                    540 MILES WEST OF GUAM.

TYPHOON MEGI IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH. THIS 
GENERAL MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN 
FORWARD SPEED OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 105 MPH. TYPHOON MEGI IS EXPECTED TO 
INTENSIFY FURTHER OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS. TYPHOON FORCE WINDS EXTEND 
OUTWARD UP TO 35 MILES FROM THE CENTER. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS 
EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 100 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 100 PM CHST POSITION...LATITUDE 14.2 DEGREES NORTH AND 
LONGITUDE 136.7 DEGREES EAST...MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 105 MPH.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AT 
800 PM THIS EVENING.

$$

EDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.