Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:01:26 -0500

995 
FZPN01 KWBC 150401
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI OCT 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 15 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 16 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N176E 1006 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 37N TO 52N BETWEEN 
174W AND 171E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N170W 980 MB. FROM 44N TO 60N BETWEEN 
155W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N165W 965 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
46N TO 64N BETWEEN 152W AND 169E...AND WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF 
A FRONT FROM 58N152W TO 53N145W TO 46N149W TO 40N172W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N155W 1007 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 58N143W BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 60N144W 1001 MB MOVING S 05 KT. WITHIN 660 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N143W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM 56N138W TO 42N145W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N138W 1005 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM 56N136W TO 49N140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 53N131W TO 
49N134W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 300 NM N OF A LINE FROM 40N127W TO 30N148W...AND FROM 
30N TO 35N BETWEEN 148W AND 172W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 140W AND 175W E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 63N171W 1002 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. N OF 58N BETWEEN 164W 
AND 175W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 63N173W 1000 MB. N OF 63N 
BETWEEN 164W AND 170W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 58N165W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 43N W OF 172E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 180W AND 163E WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N TO NE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 172W AND 172E...AND N OF 58N BETWEEN 168W AND 171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 159W AND 
167W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 47N TO 50N BETWEEN 143W AND 
149W.

.HIGH 39N156W 1032 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N149W 1025 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 44N131W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N133W 1024 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N170E 1025 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N165E 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 17.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96.5W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 34 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96.5W TO 10N100W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 09N103W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 90W AND 105W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 14N95W TO 11N98W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 91W AND 108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.

.TROUGH 11N136W TO 18N131W. FROM 14N TO 20N BETWEEN 123W AND 
135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 12N138W TO 19N134W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.S OF 06N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 08N E OF 86W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 87W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N90W INCLUDING
THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 11N86W 
TO 09N89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC FRI OCT 15...

.TROUGH 11N136W TO 18N131W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF 
TROUGH AXIS.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N86W TO 07N116W TO 1011 
MB LOW PRES NEAR 08N119W TO 11N128W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS E OF 98W. SCATTERED
MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 120W AND 123W. 

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.