Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:45:18 -0500

584 
FZPN40 PHFO 150445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI OCT 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N147W TO 28N160W TO 29N171W NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF 30N164W. E 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED TO A SHEAR LINE FROM 30N150W TO 
28N160W TO 30N170W. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF SHEAR LINE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE FROM 30N147W TO 28N160W TO 29N170W. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 15N160W TO 10N171W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N146W TO 26N150W TO 26N160W TO 
30N176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N146W TO 
27N150W TO 27N170W TO 30N179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SCATTERED TSTMS IN AREA FROM 13N TO 20N BETWEEN 163E AND 
174E...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 08N163E TO 05N160E. 

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 08N150W TO 10N159W...AND FROM 10N175W TO 
10N1750 TO 11N160E. 

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.