Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 00:55:46 -0500

278 
ATHW40 PHFO 150555
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC FRI OCT 15 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC OCTOBER 15 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER THE ISLANDS 
LATE THIS AFTERNOON. THE UPPER LEVEL WIND FLOW ON THE EAST SIDE OF 
THE TROUGH IS BRINGING HIGH CLOUDS UP ALONG THE BIG ISLAND FROM THE 
ITCZ. THE HIGH CLOUDS NEAR THE BIG ISLAND TRACE BACK TO AN AREA OF 
THUNDERSTORMS ABOUT 330 MILES SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND. 

THE LAST VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGES OF THE DAY SHOW JUST A FEW CLOUDS 
OVER KAUAI...MOLOKAI...LANAI AND KAHOOLAWE. ON OAHU...CLOUDS ARE 
OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE WITH JUST A FEW CLOUDS FOUND ELSEWHERE OVER 
THE ISLAND. ON MAUI...CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES 
OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE 
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA. 

ON THE BIG ISLAND...LOW CLOUDS ARE PLENTIFUL OVER THE EAST SIDE OF 
THE ISLAND FROM UPOLU POINT TO CAPE KUMUKAHI...INCLUDING MOST OF THE 
PUNA DISTRICT. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE CENTRAL PORTION 
OF THE KAU DISTRICT. CLOUDS COVER THE SOUTH KONA DISTRICT...AND 
SPILL OVER INTO THE SOUTHERN PART OF THE NORTH KONA DISTRICT.

LOW CLOUDS NEAR THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST AROUND 15 MILES 
AN HOUR.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.