Subject: Pacific-NW: Typhoon Megi (15w) Advisory Number 10

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 04:28:47 -0500

WTPQ31 PGUM 150928
TCPPQ1

BULLETIN
TYPHOON MEGI (15W) ADVISORY NUMBER 10
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP152010
800 PM CHST FRI OCT 15 2010

...TYPHOON MEGI CONTINUES TO INTENSIFY AND HEAD TOWARDS THE 
PHILIPPINES...

NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 700 PM CHST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TYPHOON MEGI (15W) WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 15.2 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 136.1 DEGREES 
EAST. THIS IS ABOUT
                    415 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF YAP
                    555 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF KOROR...AND
                    590 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF GUAM.

TYPHOON MEGI IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH. THIS GENERAL 
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN FORWARD 
SPEED OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 105 MPH. TYPHOON MEGI IS EXPECTED TO 
INTENSIFY FURTHER OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS. TYPHOON FORCE WINDS EXTEND 
OUTWARD UP TO 35 MILES FROM THE CENTER. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS 
EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 100 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 700 PM CHST POSITION...LATITUDE 15.2 DEGREES NORTH AND 
LONGITUDE 136.1 DEGREES EAST...MOVING NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 105 MPH.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AT 
200 AM EARLY SATURDAY MORNING.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.