Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 05:05:51 -0500

729 
FZPN01 KWBC 151005
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI OCT 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 15 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 16 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 52N180W 999 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 38N TO 54N BETWEEN 
170W AND 173E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N168W 975 MB. FROM 44N TO 60N BETWEEN 
152W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N165W 964 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM NE...420 NM SE...900 NM SW AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 59N148W TO 55N142W TO 50N142W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT...EXCEPT TO 12 FT E OF THE 
FRONT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N149W 1006 MB MOVING E 05 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N144W 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM 56N138W TO 42N145W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT 
FROM 55N133W TO 48N137W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 53N131W TO 
49N133W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N172E 1009 MB. FROM 35N TO 45N W OF 177E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N158W 996 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM 50N147W TO LOW TO 37N175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 51N151W 1009 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 59N144W BELOW. 

.WITHIN 300 NM N OF A LINE FROM 41N124W TO 30N144W...AND FROM 
30N TO 35N BETWEEN 144W AND 173W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 140W AND 170W E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 63N171W 1003 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. N OF 58N BETWEEN 163W 
AND 175W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA. N OF 62N BETWEEN 
162W AND 172W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 56N165W IN 
WARNINGS SECTIONS ABOVE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N TO NE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 53N BETWEEN 155W AND 
163W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
50N141W TO 44N160W.

.HIGH 38N163W 1029 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST 37N153W 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N142W 1026 MB.

.HIGH 39N148W 1031 MB MOVING W 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 37N153W. 

.HIGH 43N163E 1020 MB MOVING E 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 45N130W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N166E 1021 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N170E 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 17.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 13N97W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 34 TO 50 KT.  SEAS 14 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 13N97W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 15 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94W 
TO 13N97W TO 11N99W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS TO 33 KT.  SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N94W TO 13N97W TO 10N102W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS TO 33 KT.  SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 90W AND 105W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 14N95W TO 
11N98W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT.  SEAS TO 12 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 
106W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW 
SWELL.

.TROUGH 16N133W TO 12N140W.  WITHIN 120 NM W OF TROUGH FROM 12N 
TO 18N  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  TROUGH W OF AREA.  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.S OF 05N FROM 80W TO 86W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT IN 
SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  S OF 08N E OF 85W  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 9 FT 
IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 06N TO 08N E OF 87W  SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N90W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC FRI OCT 15...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 06N108W TO 1012 
MB LOW PRES NEAR 08N120W TO 12N134W TO 12N140W.  SCATTERED 
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF 07N100W.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM OF AXIS W OF 118W. 

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.