Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 05:45:20 -0500

427 
FZPN40 PHFO 151045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI OCT 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N148W TO 28N158W TO 29N168W TO 27N175W. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 160W AND 172W.  ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE FRONT E OF 168W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 27N156W TO 
29N167W TO 28N176W.  ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 11N160E TO 14N164E TO 16N172E MOVING W 15 KT.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 26N169E TO 13N174E TO 02N160E 
TO 12N160E TO 26N169E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 145W AND 175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 165W AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 12N140W TO 10N150W TO 13N164W TO 09N173W TO 09N179E. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ EXCEPT WITHIN 180 NM N OF 
THE ITCZ BETWEEN 150W AND 160W. 

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.