Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 07:36:41 -0500

363 
ATHW40 PHFO 151236
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI OCT 15 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC OCTOBER 15 2010

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH REMAINS OVER THE ISLANDS OVERNIGHT...BRINGING 
HIGH CLOUDS STREAMING TO THE NORTHEAST ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE 
TROUGH. MOST OF THESE HIGH CLOUDS ORIGINATE IN AN AREA OF ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ABOUT 350 MILES SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND. 

LITTLE HAS CHANGED WITH REGARDS TO CLOUD COVERAGE OVER THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SINCE SUNSET. JUST A FEW CLOUDS OVER KAUAI... 
MOLOKAI...LANAI AND KAHOOLAWE AT 2 AM. ON OAHU...CLOUDS REMAIN 
FOCUSED OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE. MAUI CONTINUES TO SEE CLOUDS OVER THE 
EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE 
CONCENTRATED OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA...WITH A FEW 
CLOUDS OVER THE REMAINING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA. 

ON THE BIG ISLAND...CLOUDS CONTINUE TO BE PLENTIFUL OVER THE EAST 
SIDE OF THE ISLAND FROM UPOLU POINT TO CAPE KUMUKAHI. CLOUDS ALSO 
CONTINUE TO BE FOUND OVER THE KAU AND SOUTH KONA DISTRICTS. THE HIGH 
CLOUDS MENTIONED ABOVE ARE ABOUT 130 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND AT 2 AM. 

JUST A FEW CLOUDS ARE FOUND IMMEDIATELY UPSTREAM OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...AND THEY ARE MOVING IN FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST 
AROUND 15 MILES AN HOUR.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.