Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:49:08 -0500

900 
ATPQ40 PGUM 151548
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST SAT OCT 16 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TYPHOON MEGI (15W) IS CENTERED NORTH-NORTHWEST OF YAP AT 16N135E. 
MEGI HAS MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 105 MPH AND IS MOVING NORTHWEST 
AT 13 MPH. SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE CENTER BETWEEN 15N AND 20N FROM 132E TO 140E. 
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TYPHOON MEGI...SEE ADVISORIES ISSUED BY THE 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE UNDER WMO HEADER WTPQ31 PGUM AND JTWC 
BULLETINS UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN31 PGTW.

A MONSOON TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM LUZON THROUGH A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED NORTHWEST OF KOROR AT 10N131E TO END AT 1N142E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE 
MONSOON TROUGH JUST WEST OF KOROR WITHIN 65 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
5N133E TO 11N134E...AND ALSO WEST OF YAP WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 9N136E TO 13N137E. TRADE WINDS CONVERGING TOWARD THE 
SOUTHEASTERN END OF THE MONSOON TROUGH ARE CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
SOUTHWEST OF CHUUK BETWEEN 1N AND 5N FROM 144E TO 150E.

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 2N156E THROUGH A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED NORTHWEST OF ENEWETAK ATOLL AT 15N161E TO END 
NEAR WAKE ISLAND AT 23N166E. COMBINING WITH UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE 
IN THE VICINITY... SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
SEEN NEAR THE SOUTHERN END OF THE TROUGH OR SOUTH OF CHUUK BETWEEN 
1N AND 6N FROM 150E TO 158E...AND OVER POHNPEI WITHIN 50 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 7N158E TO 10N160E. SIMILAR WEATHER IS ALSO FOUND FARTHER 
NORTHEAST...NORTH OF KOSRAE WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 9N163E TO 
13N164E...AND SOUTH OF WAKE ISLAND WITHIN 105 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
19N163E TO 15N166E TO 16N173E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS JUST SOUTH OF 
MAJURO WITHIN 60 MILES OF A LINE FROM 6N170E TO 6N177E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.