Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:58:27 -0500

445 
FZPN01 KWBC 151558
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI OCT 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 15 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 16 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N175W 994 MB MOVING NE 20 KT AND INTENSIFYING WILL SLOW
AFTER 24 HOURS. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 600 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM
NE...840 NM S AND SE...600 NM SW AND 540 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N166W 971 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 55N156W
TO 50N153W TO 44N160W TO 41N174W. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW CENTER
EXCEPT E QUADRANT AND WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT.
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 44N AND WITHIN
300 NM OF LOW CENTER EXCEPT 720 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 47N W OF 147W...AND WITHIN
360 NM E AND SE OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N164W 964 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM E
SEMICIRCLE...780 NM SW AND 540 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT.
SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM
46N154W TO 41N170W TO 54N168E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N148W 1011 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE AND
660 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N139W 1005 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S AND SE
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 60N149W TO
54N140W TO 50N145W. WITHIN 180 NM E AND NE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO
35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E AND NE OF FRONT N
OF 54N AND WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE OF FRONT S OF 54N WINDS 20 TO
30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW JUST W OF AREA WITH MAIN CENTER 41N159E 1006 MB
MOVING E 30 KT WILL TURN NE AFTER 24 HOURS. WITHIN 120 NM NE
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM
NE AND 300 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 41N180W 1008 MB.
WITHIN 180 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SE...AND 720 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N150W 992 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E AND SE AND 
780 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM E AND SE AND 1020 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS
AS WELL AS WITHIN 300 NM S OF A LINE FROM 41N175W TO 40N169E
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 36N TO 44N E OF 131W AND S OF A LINE FROM 36N140W TO
33N170W TO 30N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 46N E OF 129W AND FROM 30N TO 34N
BETWEEN 142W AND 150W...AND FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 167W AND 176W
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 123W AND 128W AREA OF N
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.LOW 64N172W 1004 MB DRIFTING SE. N OF 60N E OF 172W WINDS TO 25
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N166W
IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 57N
BETWEEN 164W AND 173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE OF A LINE FROM
54N157W TO 46N163W TO 41N164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 56N BETWEEN 136W AND 
154W.

.HIGH 43N133W 1031 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED INLAND OVER SW CANADA.

.HIGH 38N145W 1030 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N146W 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 36N142W BELOW.

.HIGH 38N162W 1032 MB MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N154W 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N142W 1026 MB.

.HIGH 43N167E 1020 MB MOVING E 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 45N171E 1034 MB.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 17.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 13N95W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 34 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 15 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94W 
TO 12.5N96W TO 10.5N102W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 04N TO 15N BETWEEN 91W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N94W TO 14N95W TO 12N98W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 90W AND 108W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94W 
TO 13.5N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 95W AND 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 
13N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 95W AND 
111W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.

.TROUGH 16N133W TO 12N136W. FROM 13N TO 16N W OF TROUGH WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 10N TO 16N 
BETWEEN 114W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 19N136W TO 12N139W. FROM 17N TO 20N E 
OF TROUGH TO 133W WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 20N138W TO 16N140W. FROM 18N TO 20N E 
OF TROUGH TO 135W WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.FROM 02N TO 06N E OF 87W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. S OF 02N E 
OF 87W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 857W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 90W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09.5N88W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC FRI OCT 15...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 07N115W TO 
09N122W TO 13N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG IS ALONG THE 
COAST OF COLOMBIA FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 77W AND 81W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE IS ALONG THE COAST OF COSTA RICA FROM 08N TO 09N 
BETWEEN 83W AND 85W. ISOLATED MODERATE IS FROM 06N TO 09N 
BETWEEN 98W AND 103W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE IS FROM 08N TO 
10N BETWEEN 120W AND 123W...FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 126W AND 
130W... AND FROM 12N TO 15N BETWEEN 138W AND 142W. 

$$
.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.