Subject: Pacific-NW: Typhoon Megi (15w) Advisory Number 11

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:01:43 -0500

WTPQ31 PGUM 151601
TCPPQ1

BULLETIN
TYPHOON MEGI (15W) ADVISORY NUMBER 11
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP152010
200 AM CHST SAT OCT 16 2010

...TYPHOON MEGI MOVING NORTHWESTWARD OVER THE PHILIPPINE SEA...

NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 100 AM CHST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TYPHOON MEGI (15W) WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 15.9 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 135.1 DEGREES 
EAST. THIS IS ABOUT
                    485 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF YAP
                    595 MILES NORTH OF KOROR AND
                    665 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF GUAM.

TYPHOON MEGI IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST AT 13 MPH. THIS GENERAL 
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN FORWARD 
SPEED OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 105 MPH. TYPHOON MEGI IS EXPECTED TO 
GRADUALLY INTENSIFY OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS. TYPHOON FORCE WINDS 
EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 35 MILES FROM THE CENTER. TROPICAL STORM FORCE 
WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 100 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 100 AM CHST POSITION...LATITUDE 15.9 DEGREES NORTH AND 
LONGITUDE 135.1 DEGREES EAST...MOVING NORTHWEST AT 13 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 105 MPH.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AT 
800 AM LATER THIS MORNING.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.