Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:45:17 -0500

288 
FZPN40 PHFO 151645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI OCT 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 28N158W TO 29N166W TO 26N176W. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W.  ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N147W TO 26N150W TO 
29N157.  ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 12N160E TO 14N162E TO 15N168E MOVING W 15 KT.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 20N163E 14N175E 08N163E 
13N160E 20N163E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 145W AND 175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 165W AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 11N144W TO 09N155W TO 13N164W TO 07N173E.  ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.