Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:30:24 -0500

616 
ATHW40 PHFO 151830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC FRI OCT 15 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 15 2010

HIGH PRESSURE REMAINS FAR NORTH OF THE ISLANDS WITH THE ASSOCIATED 
RIDGE ORIENTED EAST TO WEST ACROSS LATITUDE 35N. A STALLED AND 
DECAYING FRONTAL BOUNDARY SITS BETWEEN THE RIDGE AND THE ISLANDS 
WHILE STRETCHING FROM 150W TO 170W ALONG 29N. THE BOUNDARY...AND 
UPPER LEVEL SUPPORT...ARE CREATING SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 
26N TO 30N FROM 160W TO 170W. TRADE WINDS PRODUCED BY THE HIGH 
PRESSURE ARE MOVING LOW CLOUDS FROM EAST TO WEST ACROSS THE 
SUBTROPICAL AND TROPICAL CENTRAL PACIFIC AT 10 TO 20 MPH. SKY COVER 
IS PREDOMINANTLY SCATTERED WITH PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS 
THE AREA. 

WATER VAPOR SHOWS A BROAD UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER THE CENTRAL 
PACIFIC WITH A WEAK UPPER LEVEL LOW LOCATED OVER THE AFOREMENTIONED 
THUNDERSTORMS NEAR 28N 168W. THE TROUGH AND SUBTROPICAL JET ARE 
ALSO PRODUCING ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NEAR 15N 160W AND IN THE 
VICINITY OF 13N 140W. 

OVER THE ISLANDS...PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES CAN BE FOUND OVER WINDWARD 
AREAS OF KAUAI...OAHU AND MOLOKAI...AS WELL AS THE LOWER SLOPES OF 
EAST MAUI. THE BIG ISLAND HAS PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES OVER THE HILO 
AREA...THE WINDWARD SADDLE REGION...AND OVER THE KAU DISTRICT. THE 
REST OF THE STATE/S SKIES ARE CLEAR. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.