Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:44:22 -0500

282 
FZPN01 KWBC 152144
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI OCT 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 15 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 16 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N172W 982 MB MOVING NE 15 KT AND INTENSIFYING WILL SLOW
BY 24 HOURS. WITHIN 240 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM E AND SW AND
660 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
ALSO WITHIN 360 NM NE...780 NM S AND SE...600 NM SW AND 360 NM NW
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N168W 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW CENTER
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N166W 966 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 58N155W
TO 53N148W TO 46N152W TO 44N160W. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM S AND
SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ALSO WITHIN
120 NM E AND NE OF FRONT N OF 53N...WITHIN 300 NM NE...420 NM
SE AND NW...AND 840 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS
10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE OF FRONT AND N OF
48N BETWEEN 153W AND 168E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N165W 967 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W SEMICIRCLE
AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT.
SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM NE...840 NM SE...780 NM SW
AND 660 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NE...900 NM S AND SE...840 NM SW AND 720
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N160E 1005 MB MOVING E 30 KT WILL TURN NE AFTER 24 HOURS.
WITHIN 120 NM NE AND 300 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS
TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 44N W OF 168E WINDS TO 25 KT.
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N172W 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S OF A LINE
FROM 44N161W TO LOW CENTER TO 41N179E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO
12 FT. WITHIN 300 NM S OF A LINE FROM 44N160W TO 43N168E WINDS 20
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N144W 987 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM
55N136W TO 59N149W. WITHIN 660 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 60 NM N AND E OF FRONT WINDS
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM N AND E OF
FRONT AND WITHIN 600 NM E AND 1140 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N146W 1011 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM E AND 660 NM
S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N140W 1004 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM
S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 60N134W 1004 MB. FRONT TO
EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER S TO 44N137W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N
OF 50N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM
E AND NE OF FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 53N144W ABOVE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 131W AND ALSO S OF A LINE FROM
36N140W TO 33N172W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 44N E OF 129W AND FROM 30N TO 34N
BETWEEN 143W AND 168W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 44N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W AREA OF N
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.LOW 63N172W 1003 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N166W IN
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.LOW 64N172W 1004 MB DRIFTING SE. N OF 60N E OF 172W WINDS TO 25
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N166W IN
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 58N
BETWEEN 161W AND 177E...AND FROM 38N TO 42N W OF 167E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A LINE FROM
52N149W TO 42N172E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 57N BETWEEN 130W AND
149W.

.HIGH 45N132W 1031 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N135W 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N135W 1028 MB.

.HIGH 37N153W 1030 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N146W 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 36N135W ABOVE. 

.HIGH 44N175E 1020 MB MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 50N164E 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N175E 1031 MB.

.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N169E 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N168E 1021 MB.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 17.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 34 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 
12N97W TO 10N102W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 33 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 
92W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND SW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE 16N94W TO 11N98W TO 09N102W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N 
TO 12N BETWEEN 92W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 12N97W INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 12N BETWEEN 93W AND 107W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 14N95W INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.FROM 02N TO 07N E OF 86W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 87W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 90W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL...HIGHEST E OF 80W.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI OCT 15...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N81W TO 09N95W TO 
07N110W TO 09N125W TO 09N130W TO 13N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
STRONG FROM 04N TO 09N BETWEEN 76W AND 86W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 89W AND 100W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 
07N TO 09N BETWEEN 127W AND 134W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.