Subject: Pacific-NW: Typhoon Megi (15w) Advisory Number 12...corrected 5th Paragraph

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:07:59 -0500

WTPQ31 PGUM 152207 CCA
TCPPQ1

BULLETIN
TYPHOON MEGI (15W) ADVISORY NUMBER 12...CORRECTED 5TH PARAGRAPH
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP152010
800 AM CHST SAT OCT 16 2010

...TYPHOON MEGI CONTINUES NORTHWESTWARD OVER THE PHILIPPINE SEA...

NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 700 AM CHST...2100Z...THE CENTER OF TYPHOON MEGI (15W) WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 17.0 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 133.7 DEGREES 
EAST. THIS IS ABOUT
                    595 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF YAP
                    670 MILES NORTH OF KOROR AND
                    775 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF GUAM.

TYPHOON MEGI IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST AT 17 MPH. IN THE NEXT 
24 HOURS MEGI IS EXPECTED TO MOVE MORE WEST-NORTHWEST WITH A SLIGHT 
DECREASE IN FORWARD SPEED.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 110 MPH. TYPHOON MEGI IS EXPECTED TO 
GRADUALLY INTENSIFY OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS. TYPHOON FORCE WINDS 
EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 35 MILES FROM THE CENTER. TROPICAL STORM FORCE 
WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 100 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 700 AM CHST POSITION...LATITUDE 17.0 DEGREES NORTH AND 
LONGITUDE 133.7 DEGREES EAST...MOVING NORTHWEST AT 17 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 110 MPH.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AT 
200 PM THIS AFTERNOON.

$$

DEVITA/ZIOBRO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.