Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:45:18 -0500

100 
FZPN40 PHFO 152245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI OCT 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 16N169E 1011 MB MOVING W 10 KT. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 16N162E TO 
15N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND TROUGH MOVED W OF AREA. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF 16N170E AND 
WITHIN 60 NM OF 18N162E.

.FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 28N158W TO 29N166W TO 26N176W. E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF THE FRONT BETWEEN 160W AND 170W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 
THE FRONT. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE FRONT W OF 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 27N155W TO 
28N167W. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS 9 FT N 
OF THE FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED TSTMS FROM 12N TO 16N BETWEEN 155W AND 165W.

.ITCZ FROM 13N141W TO 10N147W TO 09N165W TO 10N175W TO 06N173W TO 
07N165E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ W OF 175W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.