Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:30:25 -0500

836 
ATHW40 PHFO 160030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT OCT 16 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 16 2010

HIGH PRESSURE REMAINS FAR NORTH OF THE ISLANDS WITH THE ASSOCIATED 
RIDGE ORIENTED EAST TO WEST ACROSS LATITUDE 35N. A STALLED AND 
DECAYING FRONTAL BOUNDARY SITS BETWEEN THE RIDGE AND THE ISLANDS 
WHILE STRETCHING FROM 150W TO 170W ALONG 29N. THE BOUNDARY...AND 
UPPER LEVEL SUPPORT...ARE CREATING SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 
25N TO 30N FROM 160W TO 170W. TRADE WINDS PRODUCED BY THE HIGH 
PRESSURE ARE MOVING LOW CLOUDS FROM EAST TO WEST ACROSS THE 
SUBTROPICAL AND TROPICAL CENTRAL PACIFIC AT 10 TO 20 MPH. SKY COVER 
IS PREDOMINANTLY SCATTERED WITH PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS 
THE AREA. 

WATER VAPOR SHOWS A BROAD UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER THE CENTRAL 
PACIFIC WITH A WEAK UPPER LEVEL LOW LOCATED OVER THE AFOREMENTIONED 
THUNDERSTORMS NEAR 28N 168W. THE TROUGH AND SUBTROPICAL JET ARE 
ALSO PRODUCING ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NEAR 15N 160W AND IN THE 
VICINITY OF 13N 140W. 

A PATCH OF OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS CENTERED 150 MILES SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI 
HAS ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH IT WITH TOPS REACHING 35 
THOUSAND FEET. BETWEEN 20 AND 120 MILES NE OF THE BIG ISLAND AND 
MAUI COUNTY...ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS ARE MOVING 15 MPH TOWARD 
THE SW. CLOUD TOPS IN THESE TCU/S ARE REACHING 12 THOUSAND FEET. 

ON THE BIG ISLAND...SKIES ARE MOSTLY CLOUDY FROM THE LOWER SLOPES UP 
TO 8 THOUSAND ALONG THE LEEWARD COAST...HAMAKUA DISTRICT AND KAU 
DISTRICT. FROM HILO TO VOLCANO SKIES ARE MOSTLY CLEAR WITH SOME 
THIN CLOUD COVER FORMING UPSLOPE. MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES EXIST ALONG 
THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA WITH CLOUDS RINGING THE MOUNTAIN UP TO 8 
THOUSAND FEET BEFORE CLEARING AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS AND NEAR THE 
COAST. THE REST OF THE STATE HAS PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES OVER THE 
WINDWARD HIGHER TERRAIN WHILE THE REMAINING AREAS ARE MOSTLY CLEAR. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.