Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:26:23 -0500

575 
ATPQ40 PGUM 160326
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SAT OCT 16 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TYPHOON MEGI (15W) IS CENTERED NORTH-NORTHWEST OF YAP AT 18N132E. 
MEGI HAS MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 105 MPH AND IS MOVING 
WEST-NORTHWEST AT 17 MPH. SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE CENTER BETWEEN 14N AND 22N FROM 
130E TO 140E. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TYPHOON MEGI...SEE ADVISORIES 
ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE UNDER WMO HEADER WTPQ31 PGUM 
AND JTWC BULLETINS UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN31 PGTW.

CONVERGENT WINDS SOUTH AND EAST OF TYPHOON MEGI ARE PRODUCING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 4N AND 14N FROM 
130E TO 139E. THIS AREA INCLUDES KOROR AND YAP.

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 3N156E THROUGH A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED NORTHWEST OF ENEWETAK ATOLL AT 14N159E TO END 
NEAR WAKE ISLAND AT 23N162E. COMBINING WITH UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE 
IN THE VICINITY...SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE SEEN 
NEAR THE SOUTHERN END OF THE TROUGH OR AROUND CHUUK AND OVER POHNPEI 
BETWEEN 2N AND 10N FROM 146E TO 159E. SIMILAR WEATHER IS FOUND 
FARTHER NORTHEAST...NEAR WAKE ISLAND WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
15N172E TO 23N161E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS NEAR KWAJALEIN AND AROUND MAJURO BETWEEN 3N AND 12N 
FROM 165E TO 177E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.