Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:38:43 -0500

994 
FZPN01 KWBC 160338
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SAT OCT 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 16 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 17 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 56N169W 980 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
240 NM N...420 NM E...900 NM S...AND 720 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N167W 970 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N168W 965 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
58N153W TO 52N145W TO 46N148W. WITHIN 180 NM SE AND 240 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...AND BETWEEN 540 NM AND 660 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 40 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM NE...360 NM 
SE...900 NM SW...AND 420 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 NM E 
AND SE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N165W 970 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM 
SE...780 NM SW...AND 540 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N170E 1009 MB MOVING NE 55 KT. FROM 37N TO 44N W OF 174E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N159W 998 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A 
FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 47N154W TO LOW CENTER TO 40N177W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N142W 980 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE...540 NM SE QUADRANT...AND 300 NM SE AND E OF A FRONT 
TO EXTEND FROM 47N144W TO 39N154W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N143W 1007 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 51N141W TO 44N145W. WITHIN 300 NM E AND NE OF FRONT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N138W 1005 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 48N139W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 55N131W TO 
43N138W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 47N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 55N142W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 37N TO 46N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 44N E OF 127W AREA OF N WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 44N BETWEEN 123W AND 128W AREA OF 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 160W AND 173W AREA OF E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 143W AND 
152W AREA OF NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 50N W OF 163E AREA OF SE WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 42N AND W OF 164E AREA OF S WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 179W...AND FROM 38N TO 42N W OF 171E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
50N145W TO 43N167W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 46N TO 57N BETWEEN 133W AND 
143W...AND FROM 41N TO 50N W OF 163E. 

.HIGH 48N127W 1029 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 45N131W 1029 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N134W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 37N134W. 

.HIGH 37N155W 1029 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N147W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N134W 1025 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N167E 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N177E 1032 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 18.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT.  SEAS 11 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 
12N97W TO 10N102W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 
92W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 12N97W INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 12N BETWEEN 93W AND 107W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 1010 MB NEAR 10N123W MOVING W 15 KT. WITHIN 30 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1011 MB NEAR 10N128W. WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 85W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN 
SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 88W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 89W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL...HIGHEST E OF 80W.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SAT OCT 16...

.TROUGH FROM 12N136W TO 15N138W TO 19N137W.  SCATTERED MODERATE 
FROM 15N TO 20N BETWEEN 133W AND 138W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 07N81W TO 07N103W TO 
09N110W TO 08N118W TO 1010 MB LOW PRES NEAR 10N123W TO 08N128W 
TO 10N136W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 90 NM 
OF AXIS E OF 87W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 
127W AND 134W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.