Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 23:45:21 -0500

030 
FZPN40 PHFO 160445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT OCT 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 26N155W TO 27N160W TO 27N165W TO 27N168W TO 
26N173W TO 27N177W. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF THE FRONT BETWEEN 160W 
AND 170W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF THE FRONT. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 
NM OF THE FRONT W OF 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT CHANGED TO A TROUGH FROM 30N171W TO 27N177W. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS 9 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 148W 
AND 154W AND N OF 29N BETWEEN 172W AND 178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 15N171E TO 18N162E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 11N170E TO 10N179E TO 06N170E TO 08N160E. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.