Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 01:02:41 -0500

395 
ATHW40 PHFO 160602
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SAT OCT 16 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC OCTOBER 16 2010

A BROAD UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS HAS 
SPARKED ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NEAR THE ISLANDS THIS AFTERNOON. 
THESE THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN LOCATED ABOUT 175 MILES WEST OF KAUAI 
WITH TOPS NEAR 40 THOUSAND FEET. THE BROAD UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS 
ALSO BRINGING HIGH CLOUDS UP AND OVER THE BIG ISLAND FROM 
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS. THIS AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS IS 
ABOUT 585 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND WITH TOPS NEAR 46 
THOUSAND FEET. 

SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER KAUAI EARLY THIS EVENING...AND JUST 
A FEW CLOUDS ARE OVER NIIHAU. THIN HIGH CLOUDS ARE PASSING OVER 
NIIHAU AND KAUAI...BUT ARE NOT YET OBSCURING THE LOWER CLOUDS. ON 
OAHU...CLOUDS ARE CONCENTRATED OVER THE KOOLAU MOUNTAIN RANGE...WITH 
SCATTERED CLOUDS OVER THE WAIANAE RANGE. SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE OVER 
THE HALAWA VALLEY ON MOLOKAI...AND OVER THE INTERIOR OF LANAI. ON 
MAUI...BROKEN CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI 
MOUNTAINS...THE CENTRAL VALLEY...AND MOST OF HALEAKALA. THE NORTH 
FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA FROM HOOKIPA BEACH PARK TO KEANAE HAVE 
THE FEWEST CLOUDS OVERHEAD...BUT ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE JUST OFFSHORE.

ON THE BIG ISLAND...THE HEAVIEST CONCENTRATION OF CLOUDS IS OVER THE 
SOUTH AND NORTH KONA DISTRICTS. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE 
KAU DISTRICT. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND ELSEWHERE ON 
THE BIG ISLAND LOWER SLOPES.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.