Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 04:41:20 -0500

463 
FZPN01 KWBC 160941
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT OCT 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 16 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 17 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 56N167W 976 MB MOVING N 05 KT AND TURNING SE AFTER 24 
HOURS. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM N...420 NM E...900 NM 
S...AND 780 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N166W 970 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND BETWEEN 90 NM AND 180 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 40 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N167W 964 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SW AND 300 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM N...180 NM E...840 NM S...AND 780 NM W QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 120 NM NE OF A 
FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 59N159W TO 56N142W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N164W 970 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM 
SE...780 NM SW...AND 600 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N175E 1009 MB MOVING NE 50 KT. WITHIN 180 NM SE...600 NM 
SW...AND 360 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N155W 994 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 900 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N146W 977 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 240 NM 
NE...AND BETWEEN 360 NM AND 480 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N148W 968 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
53N132W TO 47N139W TO 40N150W. WITHIN 180 NM NE...480 NM SE AND 
SW...AND 120 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 NM SE AND E OF 
FRONT N OF 42N WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N141W 1004 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 50N139W TO 42N145W. WITHIN 180 NM E AND NE OF FRONT N 
OF 48N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 53N131W 
TO 45N135W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 59N148W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 37N TO 46N BETWEEN 125W AND 129W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 43N AND W OF 165E AREA OF SE TO S WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 172W...AND FROM 39N TO 43N BETWEEN 178E AND 
172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
51N151W TO 41N162W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 48N TO 54N BETWEEN 130W AND 
137W...AND FROM 41N TO 49N W OF 164E. 

.HIGH 46N131W 1027 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N133W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 37N134W. 

.HIGH 36N154W 1029 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N145W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N134W 1027 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 46N171E 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N179E 1031 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N170E 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N173E 1021 MB.

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 18.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 14N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT.  SEAS 11 TO 16 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 
12N97W TO 10N102W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 102W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 12N97W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 
TO 11 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 12N BETWEEN 93W AND 104W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 14N95W  
N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.LOW PRES 1013 MB AT 09N125W MOVING W 15 KT.  WITHIN 30 NM NE 
QUADRANT  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES 1014 MB NEAR 09N131W.  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 85W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT 
IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 88W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 89W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT OCT 16...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N81W TO 07N100W TO 
10N121W TO 09N130W TO 12N14W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG 
WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS E OF 87W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM 
OF AXIS FROM 87W TO 105W AND FROM 122W TO 137W.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.