Subject: Pacific-NW: Typhoon Megi (15w) Advisory Number 14

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 04:46:01 -0500

WTPQ31 PGUM 160945
TCPPQ1

BULLETIN
TYPHOON MEGI (15W) ADVISORY NUMBER 14
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP152010
800 PM CHST SAT OCT 16 2010

...TYPHOON MEGI CONTINUES TO MOVE WEST-NORTHWESTWARD OVER THE 
PHILIPPINE SEA...

NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 700 PM CHST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TYPHOON MEGI (15W) WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 18.3 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 130.9 DEGREES 
EAST. THIS IS ABOUT
                    775 MILES NORTHWEST OF YAP
                    795 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF KOROR AND
                    980 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF GUAM.

TYPHOON MEGI IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST AT 17 MPH. IN THE 
NEXT 24 HOURS MEGI IS EXPECTED TO MOVE MORE TOWARDS THE WEST WITH A 
SLIGHT DECREASE IN FORWARD SPEED.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 115 MPH. TYPHOON MEGI IS EXPECTED TO 
GRADUALLY INTENSIFY OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS. TYPHOON FORCE WINDS 
EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 50 MILES FROM THE CENTER. TROPICAL STORM FORCE 
WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 120 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 700 PM CHST POSITION...LATITUDE 18.3 DEGREES NORTH AND 
LONGITUDE 130.9 DEGREES EAST...MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 17 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 115 MPH.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AT 
200 AM SUNDAY MORNING.

$$

AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.