Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 05:45:25 -0500

568 
FZPN40 PHFO 161045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT OCT 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 27N153W TO 28N166W TO 
28N170W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST REMNANTS OF STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 
28N154W TO 28N159W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

TROUGH FROM 15N166W TO 13N173W TO 09N177W TO 07N171E MOVING W 15 
KT.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 16N164W 14N161W 
07N173W 04N168E 09N163E 16N164W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 145W AND 175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 13N AND 24N W OF 172E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N141W TO 10N161W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 
NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.