Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 07:39:26 -0500

529 
ATHW40 PHFO 161239
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SAT OCT 16 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC OCTOBER 16 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY CONTINUES TO SHOW A BROAD UPPER LEVEL TROUGH 
OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS OVERNIGHT. THIS UPPER LEVEL TROUGH 
CONTINUES TO TRIGGER ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NOT THAT FAR FROM THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. ONE AREA OF ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IS ABOUT 
300 MILES WEST SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI AT 2 AM...WITH ANOTHER AREA OF 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ABOUT 400 TO 600 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE 
GARDEN ISLE. HIGH CLOUDS ARE STREAMING OVER THE PORTIONS OF MAUI 
COUNTY AND THE BIG ISLAND FROM THE SOUTHWEST IN THE UPPER LEVEL WIND 
FLOW. THE HIGH CLOUDS OVER THE BIG ISLAND ARE OBSCURING LOWER CLOUDS 
OVER THE ISLAND AT 2 AM.

NIIHAU IS CLOUD FREE AT 2 AM. SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER KAUAI 
OVERNIGHT...WITH THE HEAVIEST CONCENTRATION ON THE EASTERN SIDE OF 
THE ISLAND. ON OAHU...CLOUDS BLANKET MUCH OF THE KOOLAU RANGE AND 
THE ADJACENT COASTAL AREAS...WITH THE NORTHERN HALF OF THE KOOLAU/S 
SEEING THE HEAVIEST CONCENTRATION OF CLOUDS. JUST A FEW CLOUDS ARE 
FOUND OVER MOLOKAI AND LANAI AT 2 AM. HIGH CLOUDS PASSING OVER 
KAHOOLAWE ARE MAKING IT DIFFICULT ON SATELLITE TO DISCERN LOWER 
CLOUDS OVER THE ISLAND...BUT SATELLITE LOOPS SUGGEST JUST A FEW 
LOWER CLOUDS OVER THE ISLAND AT 2 AM. LOW CLOUDS HAVE DECREASED OVER 
MAUI SINCE SUNSET...WITH SCATTERED CLOUDS FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING 
SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS AND THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA. 

LOW CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING IN FROM EAST NORTHEAST 
AROUND 15 MPH.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.