Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 09:52:34 -0500

678 
ATPQ40 PGUM 161452
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST SUN OCT 17 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TYPHOON MEGI (15W) IS CENTERED NORTH-NORTHWEST OF YAP AT 19N130E. 
MEGI HAS MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 120 MPH AND IS MOVING WEST- 
NORTHWEST AT 15 MPH. SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE TYPHOON BETWEEN 8N AND 24N FROM 
130E TO 139E. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TYPHOON MEGI...SEE ADVISORIES 
ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE UNDER WMO HEADER WTPQ31 PGUM 
AND JTWC BULLETINS UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN31 PGTW.

A SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 4N142E TO END WEST OF 
WAKE ISLAND AT 19N162E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS 
ARE FOUND WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS AND BETWEEN 15N AND 
20N FROM 164E TO 171E...THIS INCLUDES CHUUK AND WAKE ISLAND.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW NORTHEAST OF THE MARIANAS...CENTERED NEAR 
18N153E...IS TRIGGERING A FEW THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 14N AND 25N FROM 
147E TO 155E. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS NEAR KWAJALEIN AND NORTHEAST OF MAJURO WITHIN 125 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 10N163E TO 7N169E...AND WITHIN 150 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 9N176E TO 7N180.

$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.