Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 11:24:11 -0500

241 
FZPN01 KWBC 161624
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT OCT 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 16 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 17 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 57N166W 970 MB DRIFTING NW NEXT 24 HOURS THEN TURNING SE 
AND ACCELERATING TO 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 58N166W TO 57N158W 
TO 52N152W TO 44N162W. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 180 NM W QUADRANTS 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SW 
AND 240 NM NE SEMICIRCLES AND WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N167W 964 MB. WITHIN BETWEEN 90 NM AND 
360 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 17 TO 27 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NE SEMICIRCLE...720 NM S AND SW AND 480 
NM W QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 60N148W TO 
57N142W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 22 FT..HIGHEST SW OF LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N160W 975 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 480 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 660 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS AND OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 62N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N180W 1005 MB MOVING NE 40 KT THEN TURNING MORE NW AND 
SLOWING AFTER 36 HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 44N162W TO LOW CENTER 
TO 38N166E. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 300 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NW AND 540 NM W 
QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N149W 984 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 37N167W. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 41N WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N144W 972 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
59N147W TO 56N138W TO 46N141W. WITHIN 150 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N 
OF 54N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N150W 968 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
54N130W TO 33N159W. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 480 NM E QUADRANTS AND 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 49N WINDS 30 TO 44 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT...HIGHEST IN SE QUADRANT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N140W 1001 MB MOVING N 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDING FROM LOW TO 
57N136W 48N138W TO 42N143W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 50N 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY 
LOW 51N149W DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 52N BETWEEN 177E AND 171E AREA OF NW 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS MERGED WITH LOW 53N160W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 43N W OF 169E AREA 
OF S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 40N W OF 
172E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION N OF 41N BETWEEN 149W 
AND 162W AND N OF A LINE FROM 46N162W TO 52N166E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION WITHIN 
900 NM OF LOW 58N167W EXCEPT 300 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION N OF A 
LINE FROM 53N133W TO 39N165W TO 46N177E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 17 FT.

.FROM 38N TO 46N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 44N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 41N BETWEEN 167W AND 170E AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 37N BETWEEN 156W AND 175E AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 52N152W TO 44N168W TO 42N175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
53N144W TO 44N153W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 48N TO 54N BETWEEN 129W AND 
133W AND OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 41N TO 50N W OF 168E. 

.HIGH 46N130W 1026 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N132W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N134W 1026 MB.

.HIGH 36N153W 1029 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N143W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N140W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 50N161E 1027 MB MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N172E 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N179W 1031 MB. 

.HIGH 33N175E 1023 MB MOVING SW 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N171E 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON OCT 18.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 14N95.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 
12N95.5W TO 10N102W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 90W AND 107W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 14N96W TO 
12N98W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 12N BETWEEN 90W AND 
110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 13N95W  N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 
10N88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 11N86W 
TO 10N88W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 1013 MB AT 09N126W MOVING W 15 KT. WITHIN 60 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING LOW PRES 1014 MB NEAR 10N133W. 
FROM 12N TO 15N BETWEEN 130W TO 133W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 13N TO 17N W OF 133W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 

.FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 83W AND 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 83W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 88W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 90W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SAT OCT 16...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 07N78W TO 08.5N88W TO 
06.5N100W TO 10N122W TO 09N130W TO 12N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TO STRONG WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 86W AND 92W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 95W TO 107W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 120 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 127W 
AND 134W.

$$
.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.