Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 11:45:21 -0500

187 
FZPN40 PHFO 161645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT OCT 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 27N153W TO 27N160W TO 
29N168W TO 28N172W.  ISOLATED TSTMS N OF 26N BETWEEN 163W AND 173W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST REMNANTS OF STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N148W TO 
27N151W TO 27N157W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 15N172W TO 11N177W TO 10N176E TO 07N167E MOVING W 15 
KT.  ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS BETWEEN 06N AND 11N BOUNDED BY 163E AND 
179W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 145W AND 175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 16N AND 22N W OF 168E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N143W TO 10N161W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 
NM N AND 60 NM S OF THE ITCZ W OF 151W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.