Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:25:24 -0500

450 
ATHW40 PHFO 161825
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT OCT 16 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 16 2010

AS OF 8 AM...VISIBLE IMAGERY SHOWED SCATTERED CLOUDS OVER NORTHEAST 
FACING MOUNTAIN SLOPES OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS. ELSEWHERE OVER THE 
SMALLER ISLANDS...INCLUDING ALL OF LANAI...SKIES WERE CLEAR OR THERE 
WERE ISOLATED CLOUDS. WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS NORTHEAST OF THE 
SMALLER ISLANDS HAD SCATTERED CLOUDS...EXCEPT FOR BROKEN CLOUDS 
HEADED TOWARDS KAUAI AND MAUI. SKIES OVER LEEWARD WATERS WERE ALMOST 
FREE OF LOW CLOUDS.

THE WINDWARD SIDE OF THE BIG ISLAND SOUTHEAST OF LAUPAHOEHOE HAD THE 
GREATEST CONCENTRATION OF LOW CLOUDS...I.E...BROKEN TO OVERCAST. THE 
REST OF THE ISLAND HAD ONLY A FEW LOW CLOUDS.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWED AN UPPER LEVEL LOW CENTERED WEST OF 
HAWAII NEAR 22N172W AND A BROAD UPPER LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDING TO THE 
NORTHEAST THROUGH 30N155W. THE LOW WAS TRIGGERING ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS IN AN AREA FROM 12N TO 30N BETWEEN 162W AND 175W. THE 
CLOSEST THUNDERSTORMS WERE 200 MILES WEST SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI. THIN 
HIGH CLOUDS WERE MOVING OVER THE ISLANDS IN THE SOUTHWESTERLY FLOW 
EAST OF THE LOW AND TROUGH.

LOW CLOUDS WERE MOVING TO THE WEST SOUTHWEST AT AROUND 20 MPH. CLOUD 
TOPS WERE AT OR BELOW 9000 FEET.

$$

CRAIG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.