Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 17:29:50 -0500

942 
FZPN01 KWBC 162229 CCA
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT OCT 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 16 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 17 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 57N166W 968 MB DRIFTING NW 05 KT NEXT 12 HOURS THEN TURNING 
S AND AFTER 24 HOURS ACCELERATING SE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
55N166W TO 58N158W TO 55N150W TO 47N155W. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 300 
NM S QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 90 NM AND 240 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...240 NM N AND 180 NM E QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 120 NM 
NE OF FRONT N OF 55N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 
FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N167W 967 MB WITH A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
60N149W TO 57N140W TO 50N133W. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 300 NM S 
QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 90 NM AND 240 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...180 NM NE SEMICIRCLE...N OF 63N BETWEEN 169W AND 
179E AND WITHIN 120 NM NE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
16 FT...EXCEPT S OF 57N W OF 163W 11 TO 24 FT..HIGHEST SW OF 
LOW. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N157W 979 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 660 
NM SW AND W QUADRANTS AND N OF 62N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 FT EXCEPT N OF 54N 11 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N170W 1003 MB MOVING NE 55 KT NEXT 18 HOURS THEN SLOWING 
AND TURNING MORE NW AFTER 24 HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 47N155W 
TO LOW CENTER TO 39N175E. WITHIN 240 NM S OF FRONT BETWEEN 160W 
AND 176W AND WITHIN 480 NM W QUADRANT OF LOW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM W AND 240 NM NW 
QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE OF FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N144W 980 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 50N143W TO 37N160W. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 240 
NM E OF FRONT N OF 42N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
ELSEWHERE EXCEPT WHERE PREVIOUSLY NOTED WITHIN 360 NM N AND 660 
NM E AND SE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N145W 974 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
59N149W TO 57N140W TO 54N137W TO 42N147W. WITHIN 150 NM NE AND E 
OF FRONT N OF 54N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N152W 976 MB. N OF 56N BETWEEN 139W AND 
151W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 57N141W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N133W 1009 MB MOVING N 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDING FROM LOW TO 
50N136W TO 44N139W. WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT N OF 53N WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N 
OF 51N AND 120 NM E OF FRONT S OF 51N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 120 
NM NE SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY 
LOW 54N144W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 52N177W TO 
56N176E AREA OF NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS MERGED WITH LOW 56N167W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 41N W OF 166E AREA 
OF S WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA NEAR 55N162E 991 MB WITH A 
FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW TO 50N166E TO 40N163E. WITHIN 180 NM E 
OF FRONT N OF 45N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE 
N OF A LINE FROM 40N160E TO 42N773E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST...CORRECTED. 

.EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION N OF 42N BETWEEN 146W 
AND 155W AND N OF A LINE FROM 49N155W TO 45N178E TO 51N169E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION WITHIN 
900 NM OF LOW 56N167W EXCEPT 300 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION N OF A 
LINE FROM 55N132W TO 39N160W TO 40N170W TO 51N179E WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT EXCEPT S OF 55N 11 TO 21 FT. 

.FROM 38N TO 46N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF N WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 167W AND 172E AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 37N BETWEEN 155W AND 179E AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 45N141W 1014 MB WITH FRONT FROM 
48N136W TO LOW CENTER TO 39N150W. WITHIN 180 NM SE OF FRONT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 53N150W TO 46N160W TO 41N178W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 46N TO 54N BETWEEN 132W AND 
147W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 170E AND 
165E. 

.HIGH 44N131W 1026 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N133W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N133W 1027 MB. 

.HIGH 36N149W 1030 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N141W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N139W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 48N164E 1028 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N175E 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N177W 1030 MB. 

.HIGH 32N172E 1022 MB MOVING SW 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N169E 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N166E 1023 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N125W 1025 MB.

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON OCT 18.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 14N95.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 
13N96W TO 11N99W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 12N BETWEEN 
92W AND 108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND SW SWELL.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 
11N99W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 93W AND 
109W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W N WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N89W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.TROUGH FROM 08N127W TO 13N126W. WITHIN 75 NM E OF TROUGH E TO 
SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 09N134W TO 14N133W. WITHIN 75 NM E 
OF TROUGH N OF 11N E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 10N141W TO 16N140W. FROM 13N TO 16N
W OF 134W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 

.FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 88W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 90W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 90W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SAT OCT 16...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 08N100W TO 
10N120W TO 09N132W TO 12N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG 
WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 07N86W TO 09N96W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 09N104W TO 07N108W AND 
WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11.5N126.5W TO 08N134W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.