Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 17:45:26 -0500

342 
FZPN40 PHFO 162245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT OCT 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 28N153W TO 29N159W.  
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF 28N151W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N148W TO 28N158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 19N140W TO 14N141W TO 10N142W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH N OF 16N.

.TROUGH FROM 15N174W TO 20N180W TO 09N173E MOVING W 10 KT.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS IN AREA FROM 07N TO 11N W OF 179E.

.TROUGH FROM 30N174W TO 23N175W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED TSTMS IN 
AREA FROM 26N TO 29N BETWEEN 167W AND 170W.

.TROUGH FROM 22N163E TO 19N160E MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS IN AREA FROM 16N TO 22N W OF 164E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 145W AND 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF 15N172W.

.ITCZ FROM 12N145W TO 10N169W. 

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.