Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 22:01:53 -0500

651 
ATPQ40 PGUM 170301
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SUN OCT 17 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

SUPER TYPHOON MEGI (15W) IS CENTERED WELL NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE 
REPUBLIC OF PALAU AT 19N127E. MEGI HAS MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 
160 MPH AND IS MOVING WEST AT 14 MPH. CONVERGING WINDS SOUTHEAST OF 
MEGI ARE GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
WITHIN 120 MILES OF A LINE FROM 19N130E TO 13N134E. FOR MORE 
INFORMATION ON TYPHOON MEGI...REFER TO JTWC BULLETINS UNDER WMO 
HEADER WTPN31 PGTW.

CONVERGING SURFACE WINDS ARE PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS JUST SOUTH 
OF KOROR BETWEEN 8N AND 2N FROM 132E TO 137E.

A SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM WAKE ISLAND THROUGH A 
WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED AT 16N157E TO END AT ANOTHER CIRCULATION 
CENTERED SOUTHEAST OF YAP AT 5N144E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED WEST OF WAKE ISLAND BETWEEN 20N AND 14N 
FROM 159E TO 168E AND SOUTHEAST OF YAP BETWEEN 10N AND 1N FROM 141E 
TO 151E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM 8N160E THROUGH A 
CIRCULATION CENTERED NEAR KWAJALEIN AT 9N169E TO END NEAR 10N180. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND OVER THE 
MARSHALL ISLANDS WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 12N159E TO 8N170E 
TO 9N176E.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW CENTERED NORTHEAST OF THE MARIANAS NEAR 20N150E 
IS TRIGGERING A FEW THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 25N AND 21N FROM 149E TO 
155E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.