Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 22:42:25 -0500

807 
FZPN01 KWBC 170342
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN OCT 17 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 17 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 18 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N167W 970 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. WITHIN 660 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 180 NM NE...360 NM SE...840 NM SW...AND 420 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N164W 970 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM 
SE...780 NM SW...AND 540 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N156W 982 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE...840 NM 
SW...AND 780 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 
FT...EXCEPT N OF 56N 9 TO 14 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N161W 1002 MB MOVING NE 50 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM NE AND E OF A FRONT FROM 57N152W TO 55N146W TO 49N152W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM NE OF A LINE FORM 60N148W TO 
58N141W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. NEWLY FORMED LOW 56N150W 976 
MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 60N148W TO 56N137W TO 39N153W. WITHIN 
60 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 57N...AND WITHIN 300 NM SE AND E OF FRONT 
S OF 57N WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N148W 986 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM E AND 660 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 48N136W TO 35N149W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 39N AND W OF 170E 
AREA OF SE TO S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA NEAR 57N162E 983 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 960 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 54N133W TO 44N138W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT 
N OF 48N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF N WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 38N BETWEEN 161W AND 174E AREA OF 
NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM SE AND S OF A LINE FROM 38N153W 
TO 34N161W TO 34N178W AREA OF NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 54N147W TO 44N166W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 47N TO 56N BETWEEN 130W AND 
142W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 43N TO 51N BETWEEN 173E AND 168E.

.HIGH 43N132W 1026 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N135W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N135W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 36N150W 1026 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N140W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N135W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 47N168E 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N177E 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N176W 1031 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 33N167E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N169E 1023 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 48N125W 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 17.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 18.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE OCT 19.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 11N99W INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 93W AND 109W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N89W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.TROUGH FROM 08N128W TO 13N127W. WITHIN 75 NM OF TROUGH N OF 10N 
E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 09N135W TO 14N134W. WITHIN 75 NM OF
TROUGH N OF 11N E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN S SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA. FROM 13N TO 17N W OF 136W E 
TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 88W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 89W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 90W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SUN OCT 17...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 08N104W TO 
10N121W TO 09N133W TO 12N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 127W AND 131W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 
60 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 88W AND 96W.

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 75 NM OF 17N138W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.