Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 23:45:30 -0500

255 
FZPN40 PHFO 170445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN OCT 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N143W TO 27N153W TO 28N159W.  
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF FRONT BETWEEN 151W AND 154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 18N141W TO 14N142W TO 11N145W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH N OF 16N.

.TROUGH FROM 16N176W TO 11N178E TO 10N170E MOVING W SLOWLY. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM S OF TROUGH W OF 
174E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 12S TO 18S BETWEEN 167W 
AND 174W.

.TROUGH FROM 29N174W TO 24N177W MOVING W 10 KT. 

.TROUGH FROM 22N162E TO 18N160E MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS IN AREA FROM 15N TO 22N W OF 165E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 145W AND 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 12N146W TO 10N158W TO 11N170W...AND FROM 10N167E TO 
12N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ W OF 167E. 

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.