Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 04:43:28 -0500

127 
FZPN01 KWBC 170943
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN OCT 17 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 17 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 18 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N167W 966 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 660 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 480 NM N...180 NM E...1080 NM S...AND 780 NM W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N162W 973 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM 
SE...SW...AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N152W 985 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM E...420 NM SE...1020 NM SW...AND 840 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT...EXCEPT N OF 56N 
9 TO 13 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N154W 994 MB MOVING NE 50 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SE SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM NE 
AND E OF A FRONT FROM 58N151W TO 55N143W TO 49N139W WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. NEWLY FORMED LOW 58N148W 977 
MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND 
WITHIN 180 NM SE AND E OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 53N134W TO 
47N138W TO 40N150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 120 NM 
E OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 50N133W TO 37N144W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT WITH W TO NW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 52N168E 
TO 47N160E AREA OF SE TO S WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 43N AND W OF 173E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW NW OF AREA WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 
57N162E 983 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 1020 NM SE AND 600 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N132W TO 47N133W TO 41N138W. WITHIN 120 NM 
E OF FRONT N OF 47N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 125W AND 128W AREA OF N WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 44N BETWEEN 125W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 38N BETWEEN 158W AND 173E AREA OF 
NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 152W AND 180W 
AREA OF NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 51N144W TO 48N155W TO 42N161W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 47N TO 55N BETWEEN 130W AND 
137W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 48N W OF 164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 51N BETWEEN 180W AND 
174E.

.HIGH 39N134W 1026 MB MOVING S 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N134W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 34N134W 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 37N143W 1027 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N140W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N134W 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 45N173E 1029 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N179E 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N173W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 17.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON OCT 18.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE OCT 19.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE 
FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 93W AND 109W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.TROUGH FROM 09N125W TO 13N129W.  WITHIN 60 NM W OF TROUGH
NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  TROUGH FROM 09N137W TO 16N135W.  WITHIN 60 NM 
OF TROUGH N OF 11N  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  TROUGH W OF AREA.  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 04N TO 07N E OF 85W  SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 90W  SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN OCT 17...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 08N104W TO 
10N121W TO 09N133W TO 12N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG
FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 127W AND 131W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 
60 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 88W AND 96W.

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF 16N139W.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.