Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 05:45:28 -0500

480 
FZPN40 PHFO 171045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN OCT 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N147W TO 27N27N155W.  ISOLATED TSTMS N OF 
THE FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N158W TO 28N163W TO 30N172W.  SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT N OF THE FRONT.

.TROUGH FROM 18N141W TO 13N141W TO 07N149W MOVING W SLOWLY.  
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM E OF THE TROUGH N OF 15N.

.TROUGH FROM 16N174W TO 13N179W TO 10N164E MOVING W SLOWLY.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 22N165W 
08N173W 05N172E 09N160E 20N160E 22N165W.

.WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 30N172W TO 28N178W TO 25N179W MOVING W 10 KT.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS EXCEPT AS NOTED WITH FORECAST FRONT ABOVE.

.ITCZ FROM 10N170W TO 08N163W TO 08N153W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ W OF 165W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.