Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 09:53:49 -0500

802 
ATPQ40 PGUM 171453
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST MON OCT 18 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

SUPER TYPHOON MEGI (15W) IS CENTERED NORTHEAST OF MANILA AT 18N125E. 
MEGI HAS MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 180 MPH AND IS MOVING WEST- 
SOUTHWEST AT 13 MPH. CONVERGING WINDS EAST AND SOUTHEAST OF MEGI ARE 
GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 4N 
AND 25N FROM 130E TO 135E...INCLUDING JUST WEST OF KOROR. FOR MORE 
INFORMATION ON TYPHOON MEGI...REFER TO JTWC BULLETINS UNDER WMO 
HEADER WTPN31 PGTW.

A SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM WEST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 
18N159E THROUGH A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED AT 16N156E TO END AT 
ANOTHER CIRCULATION CENTERED SOUTHEAST OF YAP AT 5N142E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED WEST OF WAKE ISLAND 
BETWEEN 13N AND 20N FROM 156E TO 165E AND SOUTH OF THE MARIANAS 
WITHIN 180 MILES OF A LINE FROM 2N138E TO 9N148E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS EAST-NORTHEASTWARD FROM A CIRCULATION 
CENTERED NEAR KWAJALEIN AT 8N166E TO BEYOND 14N180. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE FOUND OVER THE MARSHALL ISLANDS BETWEEN 5N AND 12N FROM 
165E TO 178E.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW CENTERED NORTH OF THE MARIANAS NEAR 21N146E IS 
TRIGGERING A FEW THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 18N AND 25N FROM 141E TO 152E.

$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.