Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 11:25:57 -0500

686 
FZPN01 KWBC 171625
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN OCT 17 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 17 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 18 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 57N168W 965 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 59N154W 
TO 56N143W TO 52N135W. WITHIN 480 NM S AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 360 NM N...600 NM W...780 NM S AND 180 NM E 
QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 180 NM NE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N158W 978 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 23 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM W 
AND SW...540 NM S AND 240 NM SE QUADRANTS AND N OF 62N W OF 168W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT EXCEPT N OF 56N 9 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N151W 990 MB. FROM 44N TO 50N BETWEEN 
156W AND 163W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 420 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS AND FROM 38N TO 
55N BETWEEN 151W AND 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 
FT...HIGHEST S AND SE OF LOW.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N146W 988 MB MOVING NE 40 KT THEN TURNING MORE NW AFTER 
12 HOURS. WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT AND WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM LOW CENTER TO 41N157W TO 38N165W WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE EXCEPT WHERE PREVIOUSLY 
NOTED...WITHIN 600 NM E QUADRANT AND 420 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY A NEWLY FORMED LOW 57N146W 971 
MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 300 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM E...480 NM S AND 180 
NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
54N134W TO 50N133W TO 40N149W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N 147W 972 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 53N131W TO 
38N153W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. WITHIN 120 NM E OF A FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM 50N131W TO 30N151W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT 
WITH W TO NW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA NEAR 54N162E 995 MB. FRONT 
TO EXTEND FROM LOW TO 50N164E TO 42N160E. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 49N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 40N W OF 171E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA NEAR 58N167E 980 MB. FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM 57N175E TO 52N178W TO 38N172E. FROM 49N TO 54N W OF 
171E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 
55N W OF 174E AND WITHIN 120 NM NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ALSO N OF 45N W OF 178W...WITHIN 180 NM NE 
AND E OF FRONT N OF 50N AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT S OF 50N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF N WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 122W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 44N BETWEEN 125W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 

.COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 38N165W TO 36N180W TO 34N168E. BETWEEN 
THE FRONT AND 41N WINDS NE TO E 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 38N153W TO 33N170W 
TO 34N177E. BETWEEN THE FRONT AND 38N WINDS NE TO E 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 480 NM W OF A LINE FROM 37N148W TO 
30N159W NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT WITH NW SWELL. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 138W AND 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 47N TO 53N BETWEEN 129W AND 
133W AND OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 41N TO 50N W OF 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 44N TO 52N BETWEEN 176W AND 180W.

.HIGH 40N134W 1027 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N132W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 33N135W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 35N144W 1027 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N140W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N135W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 44N173E 1032 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N179W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N170W 1030 MB.

.HIGH 32N169E 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N165E 1023 MB.

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 17.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON OCT 18.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE OCT 19.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
04N TO 11N BETWEEN 94W AND 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.TROUGH FROM 09N132W TO 12N130W. FROM 11N TO 15N BETWEEN 128W 
AND 133W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 09N138W TO 15N136W. FROM 13N TO 
17N W OF 133W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 82W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SUN OCT 17...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N85W TO 07N110W TO 
10N129W THEN RESUMES AT 10N135W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TO ISOLATED STRONG NEAR 08N110W. 

$$
.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.