Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 11:45:27 -0500

773 
FZPN40 PHFO 171645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN OCT 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 10N170E 1010MB MOVING NNW SLOWLY.  TROUGH FROM LOW TO 12N173E 
13N177E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 19N160E 
11N179E 03N170E 13N160E 19N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 12N169E 1010MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 15N169E 1007MB.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 
NM NE SEMICIRCLE.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT SAME AREA.

.42 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 28N164W TO 30N172W.  SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT N OF THE FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 27N164W TO 30N174W.  SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT N OF THE FRONT.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 30N172W TO 28N177W TO 25N179W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.HIGH 11N161E 1011MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 23N166W 09N168W 
08N179W 22N178W 23N166W.

.ITCZ FROM 10N170W TO 08N164W TO 09N140W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 
NM N OF THE ITCZ W OF 164W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 146W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.