Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 17:27:32 -0500

979 
FZPN01 KWBC 172227 CCA
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTION FOR PARAGRAPH 1 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN OCT 17 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 17 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 18 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N167W 968 MB MOVING SE 15 KT THEN TURNING MORE NE AFTER 
24 HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 59N153W TO 57N141W TO 54N139W TO 
48N143W TO 39N157W. WITHIN 480 NM S AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 31 FT. ALSO OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
AND E OF FRONT N OF 53N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 19 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NW AND SE...660 NM W AND 720 NM S 
QUADRANTS...N OF 58N W OF 169W AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
43N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 21 FT...HIGHEST S AND SW OF 
LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N157W 976 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S...660 NM 
SW AND W QUADRANTS AND N OF 60N W OF 168W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 18 TO 30 FT EXCEPT N OF 53N 10 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N151W 994 MB. FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 
150W AND 166W...WITHIN 300 NM E AND 420 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT WITH W TO NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 
44N153W.

...STORM WARNING... 
.NEWLY FORMED LOW 55N154W 981 MB MOVING NE 25 KT NEXT 12 HOURS 
THEN TURNING MORE N AND SLOWING. EXCEPT WHERE PREVIOUSLY NOTED 
BETWEEN 240 NM AND 600 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 21 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N145W 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM 
S...360 NM SE AND 180 NM NE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF A 
FRONT FROM 54N130W TO 49N132W TO 37N152W N OF 49N WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N145W 980 MB. N OF 55N BETWEEN 137W AND 
141W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 
NM SS AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 FT WITH 
W TO SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
55N151W ABOVE AND NEW LOW 40N142W AND ASSOCIATED FRONT IN 
SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

...STORM WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 41N W OF 168E AREA 
OF S TO SE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA NEAR 56N162E 990 MB. FRONT 
TO EXTEND FROM LOW TO 53N166E TO 48N167E TO 40N164E. WITHIN 180 
NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 46N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 40N W OF 175E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA NEAR 58N168E 981 MB. FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM 59N177E TO 53N176W TO 47N176W TO 38N175E. FROM 50N 
TO 53N W OF 170E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 46N TO 55N W OF 174E...WITHIN 120 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 58N 
AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT S OF 49N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 19 FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM E AND 1020 NM S 
QUADRANTS AND FROM 36N TO 57N BETWEEN 171W AND 178E WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 122W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 125W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 36N164W TO 34N177W TO 34N170E. BETWEEN 
THE FRONT AND 40N WINDS NE TO E 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 35N156W TO 32N165W 
TO 34N177E. BETWEEN THE FRONT AND 37N WINDS NE TO E 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N142W 1011 MB WITH FRONT FROM 
44N139W TO LOW CENTER TO 30N156W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT AND 
600 W OF FRONT S OF 38N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT WITH 
NW SWELL...HIGHEST W OF FRONT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 360 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 57N141W TO 38N147W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 172E AND 165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.HIGH 39N133W 1028 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N132W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 32N135W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 36N142W 1028 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N138W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N135W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 43N175E 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N176W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N169W 1029 MB. 

.HIGH 32N169E 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.HIGH 31N178E 1022 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N178W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 17.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON OCT 18.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE OCT 19.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 
11N BETWEEN 94W AND 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND SW SWELL. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.TROUGH FROM 13N133W TO 09N137W. FROM 12N TO 16N BETWEEN 128W 
AND 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 15N139W TO 09N140W. FROM 14N TO 
18N W OF 133W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 82W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SUN OCT 17...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS IS FROM 07N78W TO 07N100W 
TO 08N113W TO 09N130W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED 
STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 50 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS E OF 81W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NEAR 8N112W.

$$
.FORECASTER FORMOSA . TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.