Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 17:40:32 -0500

157 
FZPN40 PHFO 172240
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN OCT 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 10N170E 1010MB MOVING NNW SLOWLY.  TROUGH FROM LOW TO 13N172E 
TO 14N178E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA FROM 11N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 171E AND 176E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 12N169E 1009MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 
NM NE QUADRANT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 14N166E 1009MB.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 
NM NE SEMICIRCLE.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT SAME AREA.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 30N171W TO 26N177E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 30N173W.  
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF THE FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N154W TO 26N163W TO 27N171W TO 
30N175W.  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 165W. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT 
N OF THE FRONT.

.TROUGH FROM 16N160E TO 14N164E MOVING W SLOWLY. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TO STRONG TSTMS FROM 13N TO 17N W OF 162E.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 17N144W TO 13N147W MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 17N144W TO 19N142W.

.HIGH 11N161E 1011MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 12N160E 1011 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 17N170E TO 16N174E. 
ALSO FROM 08N TO 15N BETWEEN 179W TO 168W.

.ITCZ FROM 10N173W TO 07N150W TO 09N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ W OF 167W...AND WITHIN 60 NM S OF THE ITCZ 
E OF 146W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.