Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 23:27:21 -0500

988 
FZPN01 KWBC 180427
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC MON OCT 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 18 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 19 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N164W 974 MB MOVING E 15 KT.BETWEEN 180 AND 420 NM S AND 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 720 NM SW AND W 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N155W 984 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 600 
SW SW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM S...720 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT IN W TO NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N151W 993 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND S 
SEMICIRCLES AND FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT IN W TO SW SWELL. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 59N148W 975 MB MOVING N 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 58N152W 
TO 59N142W TO 56N136W. WITHIN 120 NM N AND NE OF FRONT WINDS 120 
35 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N144W 976 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N147W 980 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NW OF A LINE 
FROM 48N145W TO 55N133W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED, CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
FORECAST LOW 55N151W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N160E 985 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 55N170E TO 50172E TO 44N169E. WITHIN 120 NM NE OF FRONT N 
OF 52N WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 
NM E OF FRONT AND OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 660 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA NEAR 58N167E 984 MB. FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM 50N170W TO 47N171W TO 38N177E. BETWEEN 53N AND A 
LINE FROM 43N160E TO 49N1870W AND WITHIN 240 NM AND SE OF FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT...EXCEPT 14 TO 24 FT W OF 
175E.

...GALE WARNING...
COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 56N137W TO 50N139W TO 40N152W TO 34N170W 
TO 35N164W. WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT N OF 42N SW WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. ALSO WITHIN 540 NM E OF FRONT N OF 35N AND 
FRONT AND WITHIN 180 NM N OF FRONT BETWEEN 152W AND 178W WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 49N132W TO 30N162W. 
WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT...AND FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 155W TO 
178E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N142W 1007 MB. FRONT EXTENDS NE FROM 
CENTER TO 45N138W AND SW FROM CENTER TO 33N145W TO 30N152W. 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT BETWEEN 34N AND 42N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT AND 420 NM W 
OF FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 
.FROM 35N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W TO 128W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 44N BETWEEN 123W AND 128W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 125W AND 128W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 57N138W TO 46N142W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 44N TO 51N BETWEEN 175E AND 169E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 39N132W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 36N139W 1026 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N134W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 43N175E 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N176W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N164W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 54N169E 1026 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER PROSISE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE OCT 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED OCT 20.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 13N133W TO 09N136W. FROM 13N TO 17N BETWEEN 132W 
AND 139W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 04N TO 06N E OF 82W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC MON OCT 18...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N78W TO 08N110W TO 
10N120W TO 10N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS E OF 95W...AND BETWEEN 111W AND 121W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION FROM 13N TO 15N BETWEEN 131W AND 
135W.  

$$
.FORECASTER FORMOSA. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.