Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 23:40:55 -0500

815 
FZPN40 PHFO 180440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON OCT 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK LOW 10N170E 1010MB MOVING NNW SLOWLY.  TROUGH FROM LOW TO 
13N174E TO 13N178E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA FROM 08N TO 
16N BETWEEN 172E AND 178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 12N169E 1010MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 
NM N QUADRANT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 13N166E 1009MB.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 
NM NE SEMICIRCLE.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT SAME AREA.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 30N171W TO 26N177E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH NEW FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 
28N171W.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF THE FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N151W TO 25N162W TO 26N170W TO 
30N176W.  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 165W. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT 
N OF FRONT. 

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 18N145W TO 13N147W MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF POINT 18N145W...AND WITHIN 30 NM OF 
LINE 1N147W TO 14N150W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA FROM 10N TO 15N BETWEEN 179W 
AND 168W AND WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 18N178W TO 20N170E...AND AREA 
FROM 12N TO 15N W OF 162E. ALSO WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 17N170W...AND 
POINT 28N151W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N175W TO 07N150W TO 09N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ W OF 168W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF THE ITCZ 
FROM 147W TO 143W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.