Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 00:29:39 -0500

617 
ATHW40 PHFO 180529
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC MON OCT 18 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC OCTOBER 18 2010

HIGH PRESSURE IS CENTERED FAR NE OF THE ISLANDS NEAR 35N 145W AND 
EXTENDS A RIDGE TOWARD WSW. THE RIDGE EXTENDS FROM 30N 150W ACROSS 
TO 25N 170W. LOW CLOUDS SOUTH OF THE RIDGE ARE MOVING EAST AT 10 TO 
20 MPH...WHILE NORTH OF THE RIDGE LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING NW AT 5 TO 
10 MPH. LOW CLOUDS ARE MOSTLY SCATTERED ACROSS THE TROPICAL AND 
SUBTROPICAL CENTRAL PACIFIC WITH A FEW PATCHES OF BROKEN CLOUDS 
MIXED IN. 

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH STRETCHES FROM 30N 150W TO THE SOUTHWEST OVER 
20N AND THE DATELINE. THE LOW IS ENHANCING SOME LOW LEVEL CLOUD 
GROWTH NEAR 28N 152W AND ALSO NEAR 20N 170W WHERE ISOLATED TOWERING 
CUMULUS CAN BE SEEN ON IR SATELLITE IMAGERY. 

THE SUBTROPICAL JET IS PRODUCING LAYERED MID AND UPPER LEVEL CLOUDS 
FROM THE DATELINE TO 165W BETWEEN LATITUDES 8N AND 20N. THE JET 
MEANDERS ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 10 AND 20N AND IS 
CREATING A SMALLER AREAS OF MID AND UPPER CLOUDS NEAR 17N 141W ALONG 
WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS REACHING 38 THOUSAND FEET. 

KAUAI...OAHU...MOLOKAI AND LANAI ALL HAVE MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES THIS 
EVENING WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE KOOLAU MTS WHERE PARTLY CLOUDY 
SKIES PREVAIL. MAUI AND THE BIG ISLANDS HAVE MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES 
WITH PATCHES OF PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES NEAR THE COASTS OF MAUI...AND 
THE LEEWARD UPSLOPE AREAS OF THE BIG ISLAND. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.