Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 05:05:05 -0500

914 
FZPN01 KWBC 181004
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON OCT 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 18 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 19 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 55N163W 974 MB MOVING E 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM SE QUADRANT AND 660 NM NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 720 
NM SW AND W SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N154W 988 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 780 
NM SW QUADRANT W OF 169W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 25 
FT... HIGHEST NEAR 46N160W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM NW OF A LINE 
FROM 55N138W TO 48N146W AND BETWEEN 171W AND A LINE FROM LOW TO 
65N168W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT...EXCEPT 8 TO 12 
FT N OF 56N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N152W 996 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
AND REMAINDER 300 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 57N146W 972 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH FORECAST 
LOW 55N154W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 46N150E 988 MB MOVING E 25 KT. BETWEEN 160E AND 167E N OF 
41W...WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 44N BETWEEN 160E AND 172E OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N158E 983 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 56N173E TO 50N176E TO 42N171E. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS...WITHIN 120 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 52N AND WITHIN 540 NM S 
QUADRANT...WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT AND OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 45N AND W OF 
179E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N165E 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 59N179E TO 52N167W TO 48N167W THEN SW TO 38N179W TO 50N170W 
TO 47N171W TO 39N180W TO 34N160W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A 
LINE FROM 47N127W TO 35N153W TO 56N173E AREAS OF WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 48N135W TO 30N160W. 
WITHIN 180 NM SE OF FRONT...AND FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 152W TO 
180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N138W 1006 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND NE 
FROM LOW TO 47N136W AND SW FROM LOW TO 37N140W TO 30N147W. WINDS 
TO 25 KT SEAS TO 14 FT MAINLY IN W TO NW SWELL. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
AND E OF FRONT AND 180 NM NW AND 300 NM W OF FRONT...WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT IN W TO NW SWELL.

.FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W TO 128W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 54N135W TO 46N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM BETWEEN 160E AND A 
LINE FROM 47N164E TO 41N162E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 WITHIN 240 NM E 
OF A LINE FROM 42N172E TO 51N176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 WITHIN 180 NM E 
OF A LINE FROM 43N172E TO 48N168E.

.HIGH 39N132W 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH ABSORBED BY HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 35N140W 1027 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N134W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.HIGH 42N176E 1029 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N173W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N164W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 34N162E 1022 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N168E 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N169E 1020 MB. 

.FORECASTER PROSISE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON OCT 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE OCT 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED OCT 20.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH ALONG 135W FROM 10N TO 16N.  WITHIN 75 NM OF AXIS  WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  TROUGH W OF AREA.  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 82W  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC MON OCT 18...
.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 45 NM OF 11N89W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 07N94W TO 
10N120W TO 09N128W TO 10N134W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM 
OF AXIS FROM 94W TO 100W.  

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.