Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 05:45:33 -0500

334 
FZPN40 PHFO 181045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON OCT 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK LOW 11N169E 1010MB MOVING MOVING NNW SLOWLY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 14N168E 1009MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 17N163E 1007MB.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 360 
NM NE QUADRANT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT SAME AREA.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 28N166W TO 30N174W.  SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT N OF THE FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N148W TO 26N157W TO 24N168W TO 
30N177W.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF THE FRONT BETWEEN 160W AND 170W. 
SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N148W TO 26N157W TO 26N164W.  
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF THE FRONT.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 25N160W TO 29N156W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N158W TO 06N171W MOVING SE 10 KT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 08N AND 16N BOUNDED BY 166W AND 
172E...AND BETWEEN 12N AND 15N W OF 162E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 07N164W TO 09N176E.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.